Jimmy Sieczka, the Latest Target of Filipino Hate Online
An American who has lived and worked in Cebu for the past “three-and-a-half years” is a lock-in to become the next high-profile target of online Pinoy anger, thanks to a video titled “20 Reasons I Dislike the Philippines”.
So why does Jimmy Sieczka hate the Philippines? Here are his (actually over 20) reasons, summarized for your convenience:
- “You have a gigantic hole in the sidewalk… how do you fix it? Put a f*cking garbage can!”
- Fake drugs sold to wrong clients + inappropriate touching vendor
- Unsanitary conditions at public market
- MILF is a “terrorist” group (his air quotes), not the American Pie acronym
- Unsafe construction sites, unfinished buildings
- “Obsession with looking as white as possible”
- Lots of traffic, which “creates a lot of filth and pollution”
- Overuse of plastic packaging and paper = additional waste
- “Shitty driving… nobody follows traffic laws”
- “There’s nothing comfortable about 99% of the CRs I’ve ever been”
- “There [are useless and unqualified] security guards everywhere”
- “Pissing anywhere you want is a Philippine tradition”
- Ineffective spot searches by guard
- Overuse of car horns (“Beeping to beep”)
- Overuse of paper, part 2 (napkins)
- “Beggars wherever you go”, begging syndicates
- “No matter what time of the day it is, you can’t escape the cock [crowing]“
- Noise pollution caused by loud speakers at night
- “Lady boys, crazy prostitutes, an overabundance of drunk Koreans who don’t speak English”, among other things at Cebu’s Mango Square
- F*cking cockroaches everywhere
- “People expect tips for the tiniest of tasks”
- “Why is it every hot girl in the Philippines… is a lady boy? I don’t know…”
- “Tons of f*cking Koreans in the Philippines… they’re loud and obnoxious and to be honest the Filipinos don’t care for them either”
- Loud motorcycle exhausts
Sieczka’s ends with:
“The Philippines is a beautiful place at the end of the day. It’s filled with over 7000 islands, friendly people… the food isn’t so good, it’s a bit noisy, and it’s really dirty. So if you’re planning to stay for an extended period of time, be prepared to be pissed off… [drinks Pale Pilsen] it’s warm, f*ck!”
Update: Marocharim calls attention to the “fine print” in the video’s description:
About: If you think really hard, I’m sure you can come up with a couple reasons not to like something. In the land he loves so much, let Jimmy take you on a lighthearted tour of the negative aspects of living in a crowded country located at the earth’s equator. On the flip side, check out 20 Reasons I Love _____. (the Philippines) at: http://channelfix.com/video/109/.
You can watch the video, which was ripped from video site ChannelFix and uploaded to YouTube, below: Update: The YouTube video was taken down. Watch the original ChannelFix vid here.
The video was shot by another American named Michael Goodman, who also produced “20 Reasons I Love the Philippines“.
Does Sieczka paint an accurate picture of the Philippines? Let us know in the comments below. We’ll be waiting for those Facebook hate pages to spring up.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 14th, 2012 at 5:09 pm and is filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.