Feedback on Sun Broadband Wireless Found All Over the Net
If the folks over at Sun Cellular are ignoring this thread on philmug, they do so at their own risk. Since last year, users of Sun Broadband Wireless (SBW), Sun’s 3G service, have been posting speed figures from various locations.
Most of the recent posts discuss areas in Northern Manila (kbps figures are in download and upload speeds respectively):
- edsailormoon: 722 kbps @ “eastwood mall”
- mak_e: 2051/354 kbps @ “QC North area near the big malls”
- balikpinoy: 1212/89kbps @ “Fort Global City”
You also have users complaining and threatening returns:
- xerx: “tama ka dyan pards..ang bagal nga kagabe harharhar pero ngayong umaga ok na ulit sun talaga oo”
- balikpinoy: “SBW has been down all day here in Fort area. This thing is going back to the sun shop for a complete refund.”
- sabsar: “I subscribed to SBW a week ago. The connection has been fast until …. today. Was only online twice the whole day — a grand total of 10 minutes. How frustrating!!!”
Sun should consider itself really lucky. They get free feedback from their customers, as well as performance benchmarks during various times of days and at different locations. Not only in philmug, mind you. A thread on TipidPC also shares first-hand customer experiences.
Sun Cellular should also take note of local blogger Nino Carandang’s tips on how to get SBW to work properly with Macs. It’s freely-developed info like that—which was created to provide information Sun’s customer service apparently was unable to provide—that a company should build on.
What is your experience with Sun Broadband Wireless? How consistent has the service been for you?
This entry was posted on Thursday, January 29th, 2009 at 9:00 am and is filed under Surveys. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.